This article was created more than 2 years ago.
Please keep in mind that its contents were accurate at the time of its publication but now may be obsolete.
The tasks of HEIC
- recognition of primary school leaving certificates
- recognition of secondary school leaving certificates
- recognition of documents certifying vocational training
- recognition of degrees and professional qualifications (documents certifying tertiary education)
- recognition of postgraduate degrees
- based on the data available, providing information to authorities, professional organisations and individuals about foreign higher education systems and institutions and the conditions for obtaining primary and secondary school level certificates and higher education degrees
- providing information to foreign authorities and professional organisations about the Hungarian education system and the conditions for obtaining Hungarian certificates and degrees
- at the request of the applicants and to be used abroad for official procedures, issuing certificates about Hungarian primary and secondary school level qualifications, higher education degrees and professional qualifications, furthermore, certificates about secondary vocational qualifications and the professional practice completed in Hungary
- maintaining relations with the information centres of other countries and international organisations, especially with offices of the ENIC and NARIC networks
- functioning as the national information point for professional recognition under EU legislation, the head of HEIC being the national co-ordinator for professional recognition under the General System
- collecting, arranging and processing information concerning foreign education systems and programs, the legal status of institutions, and the conditions of obtaining higher education degrees and professional qualifications and other primary and secondary school level certificates in other countries